Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Plantain Tortillas


My sister-in-law introduced me to this flourless tortilla alternative.  I love them!  My kids think they're a tad bitter, but not so much that a little cheese and taco meat, or sandwich fillings can't cover it up.  The plantains need to be very green (otherwise the wraps have a banana flavor), so when I see extra green plantains at the store, I consider it taco night!  


3 green plantains
1 cup water
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt

Line a large jelly-roll pan with parchment paper.  This is a must!  Cooking spray won't cut it.

Preheat oven to 375F.

Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth.  Pour onto parchment-lined baking sheet and use spatula to spread out evenly.  Bake 27-30 minutes.  Cut into 6 or 8 rectangles and serve warm with fillings of your choice.  

Reheat leftovers in the oven instead of the microwave to avoid drying the wraps out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...