Tuesday, June 4, 2013

BLT salad


I made this for dinner last week and have already made it again.  Simple, filling, yummy, and healthy.  No one in my family complained about seeing it on the table twice in ten days.  I'm thinking it's going to be my summer go-to meal.


1/2 head romaine, chopped
2-3 large handfuls spinach, chopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 cup corn
4 oz. feta, crumbled
5-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I just do as many slices as I can fit in my pan at once)
1-2 avacados, cut into bite-sized chunks
1 Tbsp olive oil
salt
pepper
fresh lime juice

In a large bowl, combine lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, and corn.  Toss well.  Gently mix in avocados, feta, and bacon.  Drizzle olive oil on top and season lightly with salt and pepper.  Add a splash of lime juice and toss to combine everything.  Serve with fresh lime slices and some crusty bread.


adapted from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...