Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My FAVORITE Chocolate-Chip Cookies

This is all that was left from a batch I made yesterday. The recipe is a slight modification from the one on the back of the Nestle Toll House bag. They are always ooey-gooey-chewy-DELICIOUS!


3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)


Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large mixer until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.

Important: Bake at 375 for 9 minutes (maybe 10), just until they are barely golden. Cool on baking sheet at least 3 minutes before removing them.

2 comments:

  1. I too love the recipe on the back of the Nestle Toll house chips so I took your word for it and gave these variations a try - OHMYGOODNESS. Such ooey gooey yumminess is right! Thanks for the tip. I'm going to give the pumpkin enchiladas a whirl in the next couple of weeks but I have to make my own tortillas (I'll be using flour, not corn b/c I don't know how to make corn...) and black beans so we'll see when I get up the motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK! I just realized you had a food blog when you linked to this recipe. I'm totally adding this to my reader as I am SO inspired by all of your cooking! Just seeing these cookies means that I MUST bake chocolate chip cookies SOON. Our recipes were almost the same, but I had 2 tsp. of vanilla where you only had one. I'm going to try your recipe for ooey-gooey-goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...