Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Energy Balls

My kids and I made a batch of these this week.  I actually posted this recipe a couple years ago, but after tasting one today, I decided you needed to be reminded of the goodness.  These are the perfect "pick-me-up" bite.  They're packed with good fats and protein and have an addictive salty-sweet thing going on with a little crunch.  So here they are, making another appearance and hoping that you like them as much as I do!


In a large saucepan, melt together:
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey

Stir in:
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup rice crispies cereal
(I also added a few spoonfuls of wheat germ at this point)

Mix in:
basically anything you want - the possibilities are endless!
1/2 nuts (I used chopped almonds and pecans)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chocolate chips (I would suggest decreasing the amount of honey if you use chocolate chips. They were a little too sweet for my taste)

When the mixture is cool enough for you to handle, form into balls and roll in shredded coconut (optional). Store in a cool place.

4 comments:

  1. These would be perfect for a nursing mom! Can I put my order in now for after Saisha is born? Pretty please? I'll be your best friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am eating some of these as I write. Amazing and so easy to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, are you coming out in February to make me some of these or what??

    ReplyDelete
  4. i made these last week and they were so yummy...even did a little blog post of my own about them! definitely making them again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...